Monday, February 12, 2007

Night Nurse


Night Nurse, just two words my sister breathed out with disgust over the phone. Night Nurse, in my mind I had never associated those two words together before. Sounds exotic, sexy, and dangerous even.
Apparently I am not original here as a simple Google search of Night Nurse gathered up several interesting items, including this Marvel( Night Nurse, from Doctor Strange: The Oath #1 (2006).
Marcos Martin, artwork) cartoon version to the right.

Now would you allow someone like this to take care of your first born infant at night?
According to my sister regarding the mother to be "She just cannot be bothered to get up in the night to bond with her baby?!" This mother to be is my sister in law. My sister in law of just 7 months. My brother married up. Not only up but way out. This arrangement provides endless fodder for gossip of course. My sister who told me this often expresses some disgust at various practices this social group practices. As in an I cannot believe this one manner.

My biggest complaint regarding my brothers marriage is that I never get to talk to him anymore. He never calls and is never home. This class of people he is with now always are on the move, going out, dinners, parties, social hours, brunches. They sure know how to have a good time. My brother and I used to talk on the phone for hours on occasion. I miss my brother. Darla

No comments: