Friday, February 16, 2007

Goodbye Chief, Finally!!!!

Hallelujah! So long to such a racist baloney junk tradition. Yes, I am an alumnus of University of Illinois at Champaign and many members of my current and ancestral family have attended University of Illinois at Champaign including the time before the "tradition" arose. I have been so disgusted about this thing for decades. Each time I thought about it, I just could not believe it was an issue, as to me it was a non issue. Duh, just a symbol of the oppressors over the vanquished. Would a caricature of a rabbi have worked? A catholic priest? I would like to have seen the chief supporters defend that, not that they would have had a chance. Those symbols would have never been adopted. I am proud to say I never owned one piece of anything with the chief symbol on it and only once attended any over rated corrupt sports event. At half time at that game, I was repulsed by the so called chief tradition. Corrupt sports event? I knew some so called U of I athletes back in the day, football and basketball. Flunkies, druggies, sex crazed ding dongs. Also they got off with all their bad and illegal behavior. This is my true story and long term belief. Darla, thrilled silly.

No comments: